Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why Men Should Dance

I came across a nice little article by Karl Kehde called "Why Men Should Dance". It's an interesting read and spot on, imho. Here's an excerpt from the article, enough to whet your appetite:
...
I had thought that I was too old to learn anything as complicated and physical as dancing. It was a bit of a shock when I began, but what a refreshing awakening.

My behavior around women also improved. I usually don't like small talk. But, here in this wholesome setting, the emphasis is on dancing which begins with the physical connection. That really eases conversation. Also, in group lessons dance partners change continuously; a big help in learning social and dance skills. I learned that the man's role is to lead the dance partnership, suggesting steps in a way that makes the dance an enjoyable experience for his partner. I was also nervous about looking ridiculous in front of men and women I didn't know. But they were in the same boat, and we could all look ridiculous together.
...

Continue to the rest of the article...

No comments:

Post a Comment