Sunday, February 26, 2012

New dances that I'm looking at this week

All You Need Is Me a 64 count 2 wall line dance by Johanna Barnes is first up. The track is All You Need Is Me by Joey + Rory and works well with the dance. It looks like it'll be fun to try out!




Karen Tripp's beginner line dance called Bourbon Street Parade is a great little dance for folks who are just starting out and know one or two other dances like the Electric Slide or Down and Dirty. The music is Steve Tucker's All Star Jazz Band's Bourbon Street Parade. Of course I'm digging it because of the music, but the dance is a cute little dance that your beginners and more experienced dancers should like.




Anna Maria Prach & Paul Dornstedt have put together a soothingly good line dance by the name of Can't Forget You. The song is "Jane" by Bouke, a nice and easy cha cha cha rhythm song. Add to that my friend Juliet and her wonderful dancers demoing and teaching the dance, and well, you gotta try it!




To me, music drives the dance as I feel dancing is like swimming in the rhythms of the song. The song for the next dance is Verona's "Hey Boy" and is a takeoff on the old 20s song Bill Bailey. The dance is also called Hey Boy and is choreographed by Ria Vos. Wow I love the song and the dance is going to be one of the first ones tried when I get to my Monday line dance class!




It's nice to see choreographers writing more dances to swingy type music, at least from my perspective :^) Frank Trace has released Holler Oh Babe which is just such a dance. Lily Wilde and her Jumpin' Jubilee Orchestra jam with their rendition of "Hey Babe" for this dance.




That's it for this week's dances. My lack of listing a dances doesn't imply it is not a good dance... everyone has their favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment